Best Way to Track Your Time When Working Temp
This may seem like an odd article for my blog, but as a contract worker, I love sharing when I run across something spectacular. I have found a new software that will help you tremendously. If you are a temporary or contract worker you have most likely spent a great deal of time filling out paper timesheets and faxing or scanning them in to send to your employer. This task in itself can be a full-time job, and actually is no fun at all. If you are one of the unlucky soles that have to go through these grueling tasks, you should speak with your staffing firm and have them look at investing in the best time tracking solution on the planet. There is a new software on the market that will revolutionize how you enter time for all of your temporary and contract positions.
The new software allows any third party manager to actually approve your timesheet without having to login to your payroll system. This is a huge deal for staffing firms and breaks down a barrier that has been looming over the heads of all staffing firms around the country.
Once your staffing firm has this software installed, you can use any of your existing devices to connect to the software via the internet and entry your time. Once you do this your manager is immediately notified about your actions of adding your updated timesheet. Next, your manager will need to log in and approve or decline your time submission. Both tasks can be done from a laptop or any type of mobile device and make this task of weekly time entry so easy. Not only is the task easy, but it helps to cut down on human error of someone doing the data entry of your timesheet into the payroll system.
How Does This Make Things Easier For Me?
- You no longer have to keep up with paper timesheets. Your timesheets are housed in a database and are available to you online.
- You no longer have to find an old antiquated fax machine, or a scanner to scan in your timesheet for submittal. Once you enter your time online, it is now available to your staffing or recruiting firm.
- Zero risks of having your time entered incorrectly to the payroll system by someone that received your fax or scanned the document. Since you are personally entering your time online, having a second possibility of human error is now non-existent.
How Does This Make Things Easier For My Staffing Firm?
- The staffing firm no longer has to manually enter faxed or scanned time sheets into the payroll system.
- Any third party manager will be able to approve your time without having to be an employee of the staffing firm.
- Fewer employees needed to handle payroll system and time entry.
This may not sound too exciting to the normal person, but for anyone that works in the recruiting or temporary agency space, this is a huge advancement. Most “time entry” systems are really a “payroll system” which complicate things with the IRS very much when it comes to having a third party manager approve time.
If you happen to be a staffing firm, you should contact these guys for a free demo of their software. Trust me when I say you will be glad you did. Feel free to contact us for more information.